Thursday, May 14, 2009

The calm between two storms

Yesterday marked the day Johnny died 2 years ago and tomorrow marks the day Andi was killed 10 years ago. I find myself feeling so numb today. I have this urge to just talk with Johnny and hold Andi. I want to tell Johnny how beautiful Alana and Jack are. How funny it is when Jack says "truck". I want to talk about football season, grilling out, our sons swimming in the pool. I want to tell him how upset Keith was when he had to pay for a hair cut (they have been cutting each others hair since high school). I want to hear his always funny thoughts on the economy, President Obama and the new Auburn coach. I want to hold Andi and tell her how strong her mother is, how Mel is going to be the most beautiful bride this Fall, how Kristen has grown into such a fabulous woman. I want to tell her how much I wish she could play with Austin and see how he has our Petty sense of humor already (and temper;) I miss them so much. Sorry to be so depressing today. On a more uplifting note I am getting really excited to see everyone in Kansas next week. There has been a slight change of plans but Austin and I will still be there all week. Love you all so much.

3 comments:

MUD said...

Life moves on in waves of sadness and joy. We miss those gone and love those we are with. A couple of Days after Dad died, I saw a program on TV about WWII airplanes. I almost picked up the phone to call him and tell him about the program. Dumb Dennis! Is there anything I can do to help you in your plans? MUD

Anonymous said...

I love you... I have found myself teary eyed so much the last few days... just thinking about Johnny making fun of me for drinking milk when I was hung over one night... the look on his face is the one I see every time I think about him... love you guys! Jessica

Manda said...

Johnny sees Jack...he'll always be there, sis. I too wish Andi were still with us physically, but we both know that she is watching...AND LAUGHING I'll bet! We are all silly and we have each other to make it through the rough patches!