Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grandma

Today has been one of those quiet rainy days where my mind starts to wander. I have been thinking a lot about Grandma Petty today. I think it's a mixture of my hormones being a little crazy right now, the anticipation of finding out if I am having a baby boy or girl and the smell of apple pie I got a whiff of this morning. I felt this urge to sit and talk with her like we used to on the weekends. I wanted to talk to her about baby names, how the dog was doing, Austin's funny new inside joke with me, stories from her childhood...anything. I want to see that smile and wink she always gave and hear that beautiful laugh she had. Grandma was one of those ladies that everyone just fell in love with. I bet every person she knew misses her so much. I know she wouldn't want us to feel sad and miss her all of the time, but knowing her she wouldn't mind it every once in awhile. So here's to you Grandma. I love you and miss you dearly. Wink;)

No comments: