Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boys

Nothing like hangin' out in the PJ's on a Sunday! Austin has found humor in burping and farting loudly. He also thinks it's hilarious to spit or throw his food on the floor and watch Libby eat it. Pray for me! I guess boys are just wired differently, but I hope this is just a disgusting faze that he will out grow. I try to not give him any attention but at the same time I want to tell him no. Either way he has my stubbornness and will most likely do as he pleases;) I guess I deserve that. I find myself again apologizing for all the terrorizing I did as a child. Sorry Mom, Grandma, Aunt Carrie, Aunt Kay Kay, Aunt Barb and Uncle Denny, Grandma Petty, Grandpa, Uncle Alan, Uncle Dan...the list goes on! You should find comfort in knowing that I am getting my pay-back :) He's still a really good kid and does listen very well, but has a streak of mischief and silliness that I believe will challenge Keith and I daily. I have a feeling he will be the kid that comes up with all of the "plans" and have a friend or younger sibling to execute them. Wait...this sounds familiar. Yep. This sounds like me and Manda, or Owen and Joe. Yep, I am definitely in trouble!

4 comments:

MUD said...

The person you should really apologize to is Mandy. Sneeky older sisters prod their younger siblings into doing things that get the parents all riled up. An adventurous child is just a sign that he is smart. The good news is that he had no one else to blame when things get dark. If our children were booring, life wouldn't be near as much fun. MUD

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he thinks of fun stuff to get your attention. Just
have fun and enjoy him.
Love Grandma Ike

carrie said...

the burping and farting will continue I'm sorry to say. The good news is when they move out, it becomes an issue for someone else.

Kimmy said...

I am with Carrie sorry babe but it just gets worse from here...they start getting really smelly just in general:) Good luck!