Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

This month is always a tough one for me, and up until I became a mother I would go into a dark depression this weekend. Two of the worst days of my life happened on and around Mother's Day. I first lost my cousin Andi to a tragic brutal murder and then years later I would lose a great friend in a horrible car accident. Until my sons were born the month of May seemed very dark. They are everyday reminders of the miracles of life, and I know that Johnny and Andi are constantly smiling down on them. Now on Mother's Day instead of complete sadness I can feel a ray of hope. Hope that although God has taken two away that I may never understand, he has also given two that are the best blessing of my life. I also have to remember that this month these two tragedies fall on two great women's birthdays. Andi passed away on her little sister Kristin's birthday, and Johnny on my wonderful Mother in-laws birthday who thought of Johnny as a son. We must not get so caught up in our own grief and forget to celebrate the birth of two wonderful people! This is how Johnny and Andi would want it. So Happy Mother's Day, and Happy Birthday Kristin and Dot! Thank you to my beautiful boys for giving me the best gifts in life.

No comments: