Monday, February 22, 2010

At the park enjoying the beautiful weather

We had such a nice weekend down here! It was in the 60's and sunny Friday, Saturday and Sunday! This just made our spring fever even worse. I took my niece Kelsie and our friends Bill and Betsy daughter Devan to the park. They took their scooters and rode the bike trails around the park. Austin of course was so jealous that he couldn't go that fast, but he did his best to keep up anyway. Afterwards, we went to Dairy Queen and enjoyed some hot fudge Sunday's then home to relax in the bean bag chairs. All three kids were completely wore out, the girls bellies happy with ice cream and smelled like sunscreen and sweat. I love the warm weather and days like this!
Kelsie Ann
Devan the speedster
and they're off...
Wait for me!
Those girls are way to fast!

4 comments:

carrie said...

I am sooo jealous! We had Rain, ice, then snow all weekend!

Aunt Sue said...

I can hardly see outdoors brcause of all the snow and ice. With the sun on it it hurts my eyes. It is pretty but I am pretty tired of it. I don't remember such a long winter. The kiddies look so content out doors.
Love Grandma Ike

MUD said...

He will be fast way too soon. IU would have made them wear helmets, I do. MUD

Amy said...

You're right about the helmets. I was a nervous wreck between worrying about them falling and trying to keep an eye on them. One of my biggest fears is child abduction. Luckily they know not to talk to stranges, and they were really not going that fast or being dangerous.