Thursday, February 4, 2010

Got some great books from the Craig's!

Getting him to sit down and read is quite the task. He has way too much Petty in him to sit for long periods of time, and by long I mean 2 minutes;) Carrie sent several great books that we can read to Austin before bed. I remember when Manda and I would stay with her she would read to us, and when she had Owen and Joe they would read every night as a family. This is a tradition that I am excited to carry on!Look at those puffy cheeks! I can't help but kiss them all the time. I will take advantage of it until the day he pushes me away and says"gross Mom!"
Feeling some new teeth coming in with his tongue
This book is his favorite! Carrie told me it was one of Owen and Joe's favorites too.
He points to the stick figures and calls them "Tywer" and "DeDe" (his cousins Tyler and Kelsie)

2 comments:

MUD said...

I think it started when Dave was real little and we would read to him near the end of the day. He would soon be fast asleep. He gravitated to reading books over and over and soon had them memorized. By about three, he had a library card and he and Barb made weekly visits to the Library. Dave would grab a book and hole up somewhere for hours. I love the pictures and seeing him grow up in front of us. I too would love to kiss those chubby cheeks but not to the point he would say Gross Dude! MUD

carrie said...

When you were a toddler, and I was in college, I had so much reading to do for classes. You would crawl in bed with me and I would read my text books to you. They were very boring and you would soon leave to go back to your own bed.