Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My poopy weekend

After the "incident"
See how happy he was?
Sunday evening little man and I were hanging out in the living room. We had just got off the phone with Grandma J to wish her a happy birthday and he started to toot. I was excited because he hadn't pooped yet that day. (yes I know.Who would've thought I'd every say that?!) I lifted him up and that's when I saw it. He had managed to shoot poop out of the side of his diaper into my lap. I didn't know what to do so I screamed for Keith. "Ahhhh, Keith get a towel, get a towel...hurrrrryyyy!" He runs in with a little hand towel not really sure what he's about to see. Austin hears me squealling and thinks it's funny. So he starts laughing. Keith had to quickly wipe poop off of me so I could get up and take Austin to the bath. He looked at me as he was wiping off my leg and said "Our relationship will never be the same again" ;) I was so proud of him. He did not throw up. He didn't even gag. I then ran upstairs with my still laughing child covered in poo and washed him off. Ah, parenthood. What a blessing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there, did that. What a good daddy to rescue you. Austin is such a cute guy that I guess you can't mind getting some of his leftovers on yourself.
Love Gramdma Ike

MUD said...

Ah parenthood, the joys of getting ready to go somewhere and having the baby spit up on you. Did you ever notice that babies smile when they poop? Perhaps it is just the pushing expressed on their face. Great pictures but the content is a little shitty (Pun intended) MUD

Kimmy said...

Too funny I love that last picture, I can't wait to meet the little guy when are you coming to town??

Amy said...

Keith and I still haven't figured that out. I would like to make it before spring, but winter travel can be a little scary with a baby. I would hate to drive on the ice or get snowed in at an airport again. What a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

For the record, in correcting the type o, Austin's father did not throw up. I hope by the context of the following sentence the readers of this blog figured that out. Thanks for the support.

Austin's Father

Amy said...

Oh, sorry. I fixed it. He did NOT throw up. Thank goodness!

Manda said...

That's a story to tell his first girlfriend!!!