Thursday, October 16, 2008

They sure do grow up fast...

I just can't believe how much he has grown already! This picture was taken when he was about a week old. Now he is 11 weeks old and he is more than twice this size! He is a lot more animated now. He laughs all of the time. He loves being outside or anywhere he can look around at things. He now hates his carseat after 10 minutes which makes going anywhere in the car so much fun;) We are still sleeping 6-7 hours at night (with an occasional mishap) and cherish bath time. I am glad he likes the water because in February he will be learning how to survive in the water if he falls in. Keith and I researched it and observed some classes. It is amazing how natural it is for these babies to float in the water. I don't know if any of you have seen the video where the baby falls in the pool and flips himself over and floats until someone comes to get him. We feel that this is wise since we have a pool. They also say that it makes them more confident in the water and makes them better swimmers in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good idea to get little ones used to water. Your mother loved to go to the swimming pool but she did not want to jump in the deep end at the end of swimming lessons. She kept going to the back of the line until she was the last child. She crawled out on the diving board and after much coaching, jumped in. she hardly got her hair wet because she was quickly rescued. I love her anyway. Your baby seems so happy and content. I love his face as he sleeps with a smile.
Grandma Ike

Amy said...

He is a happy baby and he is so precious when he sleeps. He smiles and chuckles in his sleep when he's dreaming. He has such a great personality. So laid back. I wonder how our next one will be? ; )

Kimmy said...

This is my favorite blog I feel like I am getting a chance to know Austin and getting to know the woman you have become. Please keep the pics and stories coming.