Friday, October 3, 2008

Yes, I am going to get political for a minute...

I just wanted to remind everyone (especially women) to vote next month. If you are not registered than get registered. Even if you "don't care" or believe it won't make a difference. Even if you hate both candidates. Even if you have "better things to do" VOTE. Vote because it's your right. Vote because you do make a difference. Vote because men and women fought, bled and died so you could. Vote because people in other countries are too afraid to get blown up when they go to vote. Vote to honor your ancestors. Vote to be a role model. Vote because you believe in something and to stand up for those beliefs. I am going to step off my soap box now.

2 comments:

MUD said...

Get up on a real high soap box and shout. Just telling people to vote is kind of like wetting your pants in a black suit. It gives you a warm feeling but no one really notices. I didn't like what your grandmother shouted on Saturdays in Lawrence, but I respected the hell out of her for doing it. Blogs are where you can say what you want. What do you love and hate. Abortion, religion, political party, pick one and shout. What ever you do, do it proudly. MUD

*Melanie* said...

I actually got registered for the first time 2 days ago. I am really excited to vote this election. I always told myself that I wouldn't vote so I wouldn't have a right to gripe but I think I'm going to vote in this one.
Also I do believe night shift is the best time to write. It is when my idea to actually attempt to write a book in the first place came to me. LOL