Friday, June 19, 2009

I decided to start painting again

I haven't painted in about 9 years. I wanted to do this picture of Johnny and Jack for Alana for awhile and I finally got the guts to do it. I was so nervous about it because I wanted it to be perfect and I am so out of practice. I started and couldn't stop. I probably only put about 3 hours into it. My paint brush just wouldn't stop! I gave it to Alana last night and she really wanted me to share it with my family. Today is also Johnny's birthday so, Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice painting! I still have all the photo copies of your High School paintings. I thought they were really good. You should take it up again as a serious hobby.
Ray I....

MUD said...

Did you know that Barbara painted in High School. I think she was good also. I am pretty sure that her pictures have replaced that creative side of her life for now. Perhaps when your finally have your kid(s) in school you wioll have time to follow up on your hobby. Great Picture. MUD

Anonymous said...

Awesome painting, Amy! See y'all tonight.
Matt

Anonymous said...

Amy that is beautiful! I can't believe you have hidden a talent like that for 9 years! Can't wait to see you guys tonight! love ya!!
Jessica

carrie said...

Wow! I forgot that you could paint. Your mom can also. you did a great job. I thought it was a pencil or charcoal drawing. Was it watercolor?

Amy said...

This is acrylic

Anonymous said...

Your grandma is so happy you are painting again. She said "That's wonderful!". Keep it up.
Uncle Ricky