Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Waiting for Christmas





We are so excited for Austin's first Christmas. I can't wait to set our own family traditions and carry on old ones. Keith thought I was crazy when I told him we had to leave out cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. He asked "how do you know reindeer even like carrots?" Obviously, he has never met a reindeer before, duh! Austin won't remember his first few Christmas's so we will take lots of pictures. I swear this morning he said hello! He says "Hey" all of the time. I wish I could tell what he was saying the rest of the time. He will just chat away at his toys in his own little language. I wonder what he could possibly be talking about? Of course, when he does start using English words I'll probably wish he still spoke jibberish. I can't stand "Mom, Mom, Mom..." or "Why?Why?Why?..." I guess I'd better get over it! I'll try to keep him out of Wal-Mart and the grocery store as much as possible. I think they release some drug in the air in those places that make children act obnoxious;) I know Manda and I drove Mom crazy! I've heard stories about Jen and David. Something to look forward to I suppose. Maybe I will just give that duty to his Dad:)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The main reason to keep the kiddies out of the stores are all of the germs on the seat handles. Unless you carry clorex wipes, don't take him. I always wash my hands as soon as I walk in the door after I venture out.You and your mom both talked very early. It will be a fun time.Your Aunt Carrie cussed in giberish. It was funny because you could tell by the sound and the look on her face. Is he going to be left handed?
Love Grandma Ike

MUD said...

And he laughs all the time. Been there heard that. I'm sure that the smarter they are, the more they act up. Dave wasn't obnoxious, he just disappeared. Had to remind Barb of that. Teach him to read by reading to him and he'll soon intertain himself. The swearing part must be that Auburn influence. That damn Matt. MUD

Amy said...

Yeah, it must be Matt's fault. I never use bad words;) We have a cart cover so he can't put his hands and mouth on the cart. Also, I am a little crazy with the anti-bacterial stuff. He does need to be exposed to some germs to strengthen his immune system but the idea of it gross's me out! He is very animated when he speaks. It's so funny!

Kimmy said...

I just love your blog it is my new favorite. I can't wait to meet the little guy! Oh and the mom, mom, mom it's coming and it never goes away! Then there is the high school years, yep it just keeps getting better!:)