Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nasty head cold

We have been fighting a cold the past few days. I am trying to keep his nose clean so it doesn't end up in his chest or worse his ears. He HATES the nose sucker and screams every time I use it, but I would rather go through that then him get ear infections. It doesn't help that the weather keeps going from 70 to 30 over night! They have out-lawed children's cough medicines so the only thing he can really take in Little Noses decongestion drops. The saddest sound in the world is him coughing and wheezing. I have asthma so I understand how uncomfortable it can be when you can't breath. He seems to be handling it well but Mommy and Daddy are not so much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard on parents when the child gets sick. Is that nose sucker thing safe? We never had such a thing. Mostly losts of love and attention.Drink Water and vicks on the chest is what we all did back in the day.
Love Grandma Ike

Amy said...

Yes, the nose sucker is safe, Infact I got mine from when he was in ICU. It just sucks the snot out since he can't blow his nose yet. You don't want that stuff to stay in there and drain into his throat and ears. I am going to go to the store and get some Vicks. They make some Vicks vapor for his humidifier too.

MUD said...

I hab a code 'n because of my blood pressure can't take decongestants. That last picture of him sleeping on you is priceless. I think everyone needs a mommy when they are sick. My mom would tell me to go wash my hands and stay away so she doesn't get it. MUD

carrie said...

Hi all! I just got on Ms. Virgina's blog and she is excited to be in Kansas in May and have a 5 generation photo. I think we need to plan on that! I will host one and take requests for the date that works best to get everyone here. I am used to having the Craig Reunions every 4 years so I have it down.
Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have the cold now too? Oh, you poor babies...wish I could be there to take care of you! Love ya Tons!
Mom, Grandma J