Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No worries



Austin and I watched the historical inauguration last night and I realized that I was watching and holding the future at the same time. I have high hopes for them both yet a little more faith in Austin;) Not that I don't think Obama will do well. I really hope he does. I was a little put off by the prayer held after. I am sure it was meant to be funny and I know God has a sense of humor, but it was in my opinion inappropriate. I thought we were trying to move forward and this guy gets up there and throws racist comments around about Whites, Asians, and Indians. I respect greatly that he walked with Martin Luther King(along with white folks). However, we live in a different world now where "whites do what's right" and what did he even mean by "yellow being more mellow"? They need to screen these guys a little better. Anyway, here's to the future!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I am definatly with you on that prayer, I personally took great offense on white do whats right, what exactly did he mean by that?